Wednesday, October 24, 2012

SHOULD THEY PASS A LAW THAT WILL MAKE HIV TEST MANDATORY?





Most of us go to the doctor for our routine check up but how many people assume they are being tested for HIV? Did you know that you have to request an HIV test, even when you're pregnant. It hasn't always been like this but me being the person I am I always have a list of questions when I go in for my check up. And since I know that not all people are the same I encourage everyone to get a HIV test it has gotten so bad physicians recommend everyone ages 13-64 be tested. YES IT'S THAT SERIOUS! And since it's that serious I pray they pass a national law that requires everyone to get tested for HIV during routine checkups. And it is so crucial that black people get tested, we make up 13% of the worlds population and over half of our race is infected with HIV. Those are scary facts that you can't ignore. Don't be scared to find out your status you should want to know so that you can protect yourself if you have a negative status and began treatment if your status is positive. It's scary that so many people are infected and even more scary that so many don't know their status but it is a reality and just because you tell yourself it won't happen to me HIV doesn't have a face. Be Smart Know Your Status..... Get Tested

Arkansas AIDS Foundation 501-376-6299
523 Louisiana St. Little Rock
www.arkansasaidsfoundation.org   

No comments:

Post a Comment