Wednesday, June 22, 2011

MY THOUGHTS ON BISHOP EDDIE LONG......


I really haven't had to much to say in regards to the Bishop Eddie Long scandal, with him being so close to the Lord. I am not here to judge anyone but I feel like I have to get this off my chest. When the allegations were first brought up, I was shocked since he lead anti-gay rally's in Atlanta, then I thought was that just a front? Could Bishop Long be battling the ugly demons that he so publicly condemned? I've never been a spiritual leader, advisor or anything like that however I do believe that since the SETTLEMENT has been made that there is some TRUTH to the allegations. Just think about it, how do you go from standing the pulpit fighting these LIES to the end in court, to making a multi-million dollar (around 15 million) settlement out of court? Something about this isn't connecting for me because if I am innocent, you're not getting a dime of my money! I was hoping that he would be cleared of the allegations in a court of law........ but I guess that was just wishful thinking. I feel sorry for the young men who were allegedly victimized, because although they were paid hefty sums to BE QUIET about this ugly situation they still have to live with the fact that JUSTICE WASN'T SERVED! So why did they agree to settle, is my next question, If they were so hurt and all of the allegations were ALLEGED TRUTHS why take the money? If they had taken this to trial, wouldn't they have gotten a settlement if the Bishop was guilty? Why not expose the Bishop and protect other young men before they become his next VICTIM. Let me tell you why, because at the end of the day it's all about the MONEY when there's money involved nobody is looking for JUSTICE! I remember the interview with the young man who talked about how he looked up to the Bishop as a young man, the Bishop excepted and treated him as one of his sons buying him gifts, going on trips all over the world and then he asked him to rub his.....well you know the rest.  I think that if you get molested that's a violation of trust among other things but again he SETTLED. So in the end no TRUTHS HAVE BE REVEALED and it was just a PUBLIC SCANDAL/RUMOR because no verdict was made, only a payout which left us to ASSUME THE WORST THE BISHOP IS INDEED GUILTY. I hope that the Bishop is INNOCENT but he doesn't have to answer to me he will have to answer to God, so the truth is something he will have to LIVE with until his day of judgement arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment